Monday, June 9, 2014

Dr Update

Well after an almost 2 hour wait for the Doctor,
we got our update.

It wasn't good news.

The cancer is not responding to THIS chemo either.

It has grown in his liver and become more metabolically
active.  And there are some new lesions.

Lungs and lymph nodes are stable, but in the
end that won't really matter.

It's the liver that matters.

The Doctor said he "was worried" but wants to try a
few more things before we throw in the towel.

We need to wait and see if our insurance will
approve one of the new things or not (50% of the time
they do/don't).

Needless to say our hearts our heavy.

This is, of course, the news we did not want to hear.

So we are waiting to hear what happens and Kyle
will meet with everyone again Monday to go from there.

In the meantime?

I may cry a little.

And that's what I've got for today.

Damn it.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry :( I was hoping you would get better news today! Thinking about you guys!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. You are all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words reach out and pull me in and wrap around my heart till I can barely breathe I am so deeply sadden with grief for all of you. I cannot express my anger at CANCER except to say that I wish I could fly from Connecticut to Utah and wrap myself around your family and beat away cancer like a caped crusader. I wish I were rich and could grant you a special trip. Where would it be? The family on a big trip together to Paris? London? NYC? Where would you go? Please let me know and I will see what I can do. email me at irishfoley@charter.net. This is Ellen Foley from CT. I'm the one who beat Stage 4 Rhabdomyosarcoma 8 years free last week. I wish USA would stop fighting other countries wars spending trillions of dollars and fight the only war that matters, CANCER. It's removing branches from millions of family trees each and every day. I HATE IT!! Love to all of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Ellie

    ReplyDelete