Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just an update for those not on Facebook

For those not on Facebook, here is a recap of our latest "Team Kyle"
post.   

After my mini nervous breakdown following Kyle's doctor visit last week... 
(I'm a fan of those by the way) I learned that the new chemo they will be putting Kyle on is called....






Wait for it....








"5 .FU."


I mean seriously, how can you go wrong with a chemo named "5 F.U."
Is there a more appropriately named drug to fight cancer anywhere in 
the history of drugs used to fight cancer?

I think ALL chemo's should be called "Something F.U."--but that's just me.

(For the record I am NOT making that up.  It IS called 5 FU...what can I
say?  A chemo drug maker after my own heart obviously.

They probably had someone they know and love die from the
darn disease (cancer) and thought to themselves...
"Hmmmm,  how can I make a drug that will echo how my heart feels about cancer?")

And of course it came to them....5FU.

When ONE FU will simply not do. 
5 will. 


Kyle's biopsy got bumped til Thursday  ....as in the day after tomorrow....due
to a scheduling glitch.  So Thursday he gets to hang out at the Huntsman
and me and my sad heart get to hang out at work.  (This is truly the worst
part about my "new life"....not being with Kyle for EVERYTHING.  It makes
my heart ache with sadness each and every time.

And then the new "FU"  chemo will commence on Monday.

We're making a plan and working towards it--gloves on.
(Seriously 5 F.U.) --we hear the side effects are "awesome", but we will take 
them if they work. Oh yes we will!

----------------------------

In other news keep your calendars open for the TEAM KYLE FUNDRAISER
on Saturday April 12 ....Open House Style 12-4.

Spread the word.
Spread the emails.
Come support all the hard work.
Swoon over Sarah Sample's voice (you will fall in love).

Thank you SO VERY much to the people who have donated to 
the silent auction.  (Someone that reads this blog donated...not
sure who, but WOW!  Thank you for your kindness).

------------------------------------------------

In other, other news?  I have two weeks left in Math.  My finals are 
on above Fundraiser Date.  I may have lost my mind by that day, but I
will be there.  Wish me luck.

For the record?  I still hate math.  I still have not used ANY OF THIS
stuff that I am RE-learning in over 25 years.  I have no clue why math is
so important, but I am proud of myself for plugging through it this semester.

Work, cancer, children and all.  Every day putting one foot in front
of the other, I have kept plugging along.  

Now to simply pass the final.   It's comprehensive.  Pray for my mind
people, pray for my mind.

Stress + math + cancer + finals= a terrible combination.

And all that?  It's what I've got for today.  Hip Hip Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I like the 5FU too. I actually got a hat for a friend once that said F*^% cancer. It felt appropriate although he's kind of an individual who would surprise and shock no one by actually wearing the hat.
    Good luck on your final. I feel pretty much the same way about statistics in that I doubt I will ever use it again but I still need to pass the dang class.

    ReplyDelete