Monday, July 21, 2014

Carrie, College and Y-90


I don't have a lot of time to write tonight,
I have finals to study for and take this week.

They are "due" on Saturday, but I am trying to cram
everything in by tomorrow night.

Why?

Kyle has his second round of Y-90 Wednesday morning
and I want to be available for him after that.

This past weekend we had the grand pleasure of having
Carrie Roberts visit us for a quick trip to Utah.

She is part of the "CC Wives" group we've been 
a part of for the past year or so...

(She's of concretefaith.org fame, her husband Travis
passed away last month from cholangio and Kyle attended
the funeral....if you live under a rock or have never
read my blog?  That's who they are).

We cannot tell you how honored we were to have her
whirlwind in and out of Utah and our home.  We
loved every minute we spent talking with her, sharing
our hearts and souls.  It was such a very tender time
for both Kyle and I and there were a few tears from
us when she left.  It felt like a little chunk of our
souls had gone away.

We have a connection (sadly) that forms an instantaneous
bond....I truly believe that any of the CC wives could 
come and we would have that same bond.

We took her to Park City for the night and walked
cool mountain streets, looked at beautiful views
and talked and talked and talked and talked.

And talked some more.

She treated Kyle (and lucky me) out to THEEEE most fabulous
steak dinner I have ever had in my life.  It was a 2 1/2
hour meal if that gives you any idea of how awesome it was.

The next morning while we were at breakfast, the waiter
came over and said "You meal has been paid for by an anonymous
caller from Georgia."

Seriously how cool is that?  It gave me goosebumps
that someone would be so thoughtful...

I can only say that Carrie is obviously surrounded
by some extremely wonderful people in Georgia!

------------------------------

Finals for me are this week as I mentioned...

The final essay posted in my last post?

My teacher gave me an "A" and said my writing was
"exquisite".  She went on to say she had never used
that word in 20 years of teaching and it was some of
the best writing she's seen.  

I know.  I know.  I'm bragging a little.

I just love. (love love) to write and this
validated me a little bit and made me happy that
someone who "knows" considered my writing valuable.

---------------------------------------

Kyle has Y 90 on Wednesday morning.

We will keep people posted about how it all goes.

It will be about a 2 hour procedure, then recovery last
time was about 4 hours of laying still.

The go in through the femoral artery (which can bleed out
if it doesn't clot) and so they keep a super close
eye on that to make sure he can clot.

His white counts and platelets are MUCH lower this time
than last time (and remember platelets CLOT OUR BLOOD!)
so I am a little nervous about it(what's new?).

I think they will keep a very close watch on those
things and mentioned he may have to have a platelet
transfusion during the procedure to make sure he clots.

So all of you praying types?  We're asking for a few
extra prayers that this procedure goes well.

A smooth recovery is also good and we HOPE those radiation
beads blast the heck out of some more tumors in his liver and 
buy Kyle some more time with his family.

So if you have an extra prayer, good thought, bit of
love or any good vibes? 

Please send them our way this week.

We ALWAYS appreciate those things.

--------------------------------

Off to study.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for prayers.

That's what I've got! 

No comments:

Post a Comment