Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just a little Thank You...

There are never enough Thank You's to you all.

Kyle says it feels like someone gave us a credit card...

and we keep spending and spending all the credit on it.

Which in some ways is great.

But there is NO WAY we can EVER (ever ever ever)
"pay back" our "debt".

The debt is kindness of course.

The kindness that has been shown to our family over and 
over and over again.

I could never write enough thank you notes, or bring enough
gumball bags, or repay your kindness.

Ever.

So in case anyone actually reads my blog (not sure if anyone
does...no one comments...so it's hard to know if anyone is
ever reading.  Which is okay if no one is, remember this is
for me and my family anyway).

BUT, if anyone reads this...

Once again a huge thank you!

Thank you for endless chemo night dinners.

Thank you for calls and texts and messages and notes 
and emails and visits and waves and hugs and kisses.

Thank you for praying and keeping us held up with your love.

Thank you to the WONDERFUL and amazing angels dressed as nurses
up at the Huntsman Center who make a really hard day, better.

Thank you to Dr Sharma and his PA Shelley.

Thank you for your monetary donations to this cause.

I guess that "cause" is US!

Many have been made anonymously, so I don't even know who
to thank.

But THANK YOU!

I DO want to say one word about the money too.

Just so you know what is happening with it.

YOUR money, big and small donations, freely given to us.

It is sacred money to us. 

It will sit in an account and will never be used for anything
other than our basic needs to help us along this cancer journey.

I want you to know that we will be "wise stewards" of your
donations.  I feel a great responsibility to handle it well.

It will mostly sit and wait in an account for the time when
Kyle goes on disability.

At which point he will go 3 months without ANY pay at all.

(That's just how disability works).


When it kicks in, we will only receive about 50% of his salary.

And since we have no idea (when we reach this point) how long
things will go on like that...we will keep these funds sitting
and waiting for use then.

We will still, of course, have ALL of our bills including 
medical costs on top of that.  

It will be a heavy burden.

So the money sits and waits for that time in our life.

It is not used for vacations, or home repairs, or eating out.

I just want you all to know (all who have donated) that it will  REALLY REALLY help our family.

We have talked (constantly) about me getting a job and Kyle told me to wait until summer ends and our family vacations are done.

(He's a boss and said no one will want to hire me and have
me leave for two extended periods of time in 3 months anyway).

He wants me to spend this time with the kids and him.

Time, we don't get it back ever.

So if anyone knows of any great, flexible part time work come fall--think of me.  

The one thing I would still love to be able to do is go to 
chemo appointments with my husband.  It's very important
for me to be able to support him in this journey, and 
attending chemo day is something that I treasure in a weird
and crazy way.  (And that's unfortunately an all day gig on
Fridays now... 8 am til 5 pm.)

Again, it's that time thing I will never get back if I'm not
there.

Some people who have been through this have said "DO NOT get
a job, at all!  You need to be here with Kyle now, something will
come up when you need it!  BE WITH HIM!"

Some people have said "Why don't you have a job yet?"

For anyone that wonders if we are thinking about these things?

Yes, all day every day. Most nights too.

They keep me awake and render me sleepless.

So yes, we're thinking about the future.

And jobs.

And schooling.

And what in the world we will do.

ALL THE TIME.

Anyway, Thank you!

Thank you!

Your kindness overwhelms us.

We are grateful from the bottom of our toes to the tippy top
of our heads.

Thank you all....

That's what I've got for today~



















1 comment:

  1. Thank You card, which is for expressing you’re thanks to all those participated in your occasion in some form or the other. I want to take the features of various trendy thank you cards so please suggest me.If you want online wedding cards with all marriage details which is more useful then find it out.

    ReplyDelete