Thursday, January 1, 2015

adieu

Yesterday we had the final meeting for Team Kyle.

I have to say it was EXACTLY what Kyle  
wanted.  He was always the one to walk off the beaten
path in our relationship, step off the trail to 
peek at something, or do a project in his own way.

This played out even until the end with his life/death
with his "not a funeral service".

The talks honored him beautifully. I'm so very
proud of my kids for each taking this assignment from 
their dad on their own and doing a bang up job!

He had great music from Sarah Sample and The Lower
Lights and clapping and smiling at the end.

He would've been so so happy with how it all turned out.

It made me smile and filled my heart with joy (how is
that possible on such a sad day?) 

But it did.

As I reflected on 2014, I'm actually kind of sorry to 
see it go. 

Sure, it was a hard year.

And yes, my husband died.

But it was also filled with some of THEEEE most treasured
and beautiful moments and memories of my entire life.

I would be a fool to throw out the good with the bad
in this case.  My family had a wonderful, wonderful
2014, in spite of ALL the hard and bad.  We were blessed
with each other and love and memories and good friends
and family relationships and many many other things
that greatly enriched our lives.

I will always always look fondly on the time we

shared in 2014 as some of the best times ever with 
the people I love.

I hope we can take some of that joy into our hearts 
as we move forward into 2015.

I have a feeling THIS year will be a much sadder and
harder year for my heart, without Kyle.

Thank you all who came and loved and supported and 
lifted us yesterday. 

Thank you to SO many who wore their Superman shirts--
it was the best thing to see as I looked out over
the audience.

Seriously awesome!

Thank you all for so much kindness on our behalf.

So as we say adieu to 2014, my hope is for some joy
in the midst of grief as we move forward to 2015.

And that's what I've got for today.



1 comment: