Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A call for stories

Please don't think I'm being morbid.

But I'm asking for YOUR help.


Yes, YOU!  All of you that know and love my husband.

I'm just trying to think about the future...

...And my 9 year old daughter who knows her daddy, but will
never remember all the stories about who he WAS when the
day comes that he is no longer here to live those stories 
with her.

And for all of us.

So we can remember our dad and husband and brother and friend.

This is a VERY hard post to write.

Because it means the thing I don't want to happen 
(more than anything)...will at some point...happen.

And there is not enough waterproof mascara in the world
for that day.

So I wanted to reach out, NOW, and ask for stories and memories about Kyle.

I am calling all friends, mission companions, co-workers, family members, young men, my children's friends, young people, old people etc.  ANYONE who wants to send one... PLEASE send one to me.  

Anything that strikes you as fun, or funny, or just a story that will be worth typing up and sharing.

A trip, a hike, a family funny, a mission funny, a good story, a heart warming story, a story of courage or love or hope!

I am hoping to have as many of you that are willing, email
me these stories.

I'm hoping there will be MANY!

Many stories that we can draw on when the time comes that we need to read them.

I want to be able to print them and put them in a binder for all of us to read at a later point in time.

So this is my call for stories.

You may email them to me (Dorien) "the wife" at 

dorienn@excite.com

(You may also email me if you prefer a real home address where you can type up and send a story in....I will email you back with our address if that's easier)

I thank you in advance for sharing YOUR favorite memories of Kyle
and helping to preserve them for his children.

So...send a story!

Send two, or three or 5 if you want to.  The more the merrier.

Or so I've heard.

These are the stories that make us who we are, when we are no longer here to be making new stories.
They are, quite literally, the fabric of our lives.
They will live on and on after we exist no more.

This is what I've got for today....

SEND IN SOME STORIES!!

**Pretty please with a cherry on top!!


1 comment:

  1. I will. I can't yet for the tears but I will. I promise. Selfish of me I know, but not yet.

    ReplyDelete