Monday, April 29, 2013

Radio Silence

Sometimes I feel like I've really laid it all on the line
with my voice, and feelings, and emotions...so far.

Sometimes I want to take a step away from "laying it all
on the line" and run away and hide.

Under my bed and never face anyone again.

Ever.

Radio Silence.

I feel a (huge) burden in my release.

I worry about what people may think.

I worry that I have been TOO honest.

I worry that I am not honest enough.

I worry that I offend, or make sad, or depress.

I worry that I have a cold sore the size of Texas 
now growing on my bottom lip.  

(anxiety, worry...manifesting).

Sigh.  I am a mess.

I worry that I can't do this.

This, this very big thing.

I worry that I'll say the wrong words.

(It is "our journey" anyway, so I'm not sure how anything I say  can be wrong.  But I'm sure it is.  Sometimes.

But someday, if you ever have your heart, still beating,

ripped from your chest...it may quite literally change
how YOU view your paradigm of all the things you "knew" were
good, and right, and true.

All is always good and right and true in the world,
your world...until, well, it's not!)

I had an epiphany this week while talking "religion" 
with someone...We keep trying to explain how WE feel. 
What feels good, and right, and rings true. 

To us.

Other people keep trying to explain how THEY feel
about this experience.  What feels good, and right, and true.

To them.

I realized this weekend that ALL of our experiences, individually, shape how we think and feel and what we 
believe and what gives us strength to carry on.

Each of us brings something different to the table. 

All of our experiences are good, and right, and well, true.

To each of us.

We all need to respect that of one another.


We will NEVER convince anyone else that "our way" is the
right to view this, or experience this, or handle this.

No one else will ever convince us that "their way" is the
right way to view this, or experience this, or handle this.

And ...THAT'S OK.

Did you hear me?

I said that's OKAY!

Here's the thing...

We're not wrong.

And neither are you.

Neither are you.

Our life experiences have shaped us all to see and view
and believe differently.

Even in the confines of the same religion.

We all have moved forward with our own set of experiences
that form how we face, and view, what is going on.

So instead of Radio Silence I will say what I have just said.

See above.

I will embrace that we all will see and view and experience
this journey differently.

It will touch us, and move us, and change us, all in unique ways.

We will come away broken and saddened by it, and also stronger and changed.

In some ways better.

In some ways worse for the wear.

But none the less, changed.

Instead of Radio Silence, I will post a few pictures of Kyle 
and the girls I took this weekend.

Because one can never have too many photos.

OR too many Superman shirts!

And that's what I've got for today.

















3 comments:

  1. Where's the doodles shirt? She's feeling left out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gonna ask the same thing Laura. Hehe. Poor ruby needs her superwoman look. Hehe. Dorien. Thank you. Thank you for posting all your thought and feelings. Leaving yourself so out there. Yet I love your honesty and openness. We are all experiencing different joys and journeys and heartaches. Can you truly know how I feel about some of the things we've shared the past years? Nope but you listen and you let me know you care. I cannot imagine what you are feeling. I know Kyle's cancer hurts my heart because I love him too. I love all your family and hurt for you because I love you. But through your words I catch a glimpse of you. Thank you. I love you. I have no words to comfort or fix any of this. I just here for you. Love the pictures.

      Delete