Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Respect and Some Updates.

Many years ago I was a 'working mother'.

As in, I actually LEFT my house and went to a job
AND had children.

I am doing it once again and boy oh boy
do I have a new respect for all of you
working moms.

The ones that LEAVE the house and have
jobs and then come home and do the 'mom job'
after you worked all day.

I am TIRED--it's a lot of work, to well, WORK
and be a mom. 

My hat is off to all of you, after ALMOST finishing
week one of on the job training.

Besides that, money is a good thing right now.
Cancer and the future and finances are, well,
frightening to think about some days.

So even though my paycheck is close to "meager"
and not far off of "pitiful", it's better 
than nothing.

A little extra money, and experience in the 
working world again, are both good things.

It's something that's here to stay for me.
For, forever probably.  (working and being a mom)

So I may as well get used to it.

Still keeping my eyes open if anything else pops
up---this job is not a perfect fit, but it's a 
start,  and I want to keep ALL options open.  
In the meantime, I am learning new things and 
that's never bad.


---------------------------------

This week after Round 18 (holy COW!)
of chemo, Kyle and I will meet with the 
Interventional Radiologist to discuss
some new treatment options.

We are still not 100% sure WHY they want to
take him OFF of chemo (since it seems to be
working so well) and try a (what they call)
"directed therapy"  (one that is targeted
right at his main liver tumor.)

We kind of think, "If it's working, why mess
with a good thing?" Right?

But we're not Doctors, so (unfortunately)
what do we know?

We also have another opinion about all of this
on Monday with another oncologist in the valley.

(We were encouraged by the Doctor to get a 
second opinion, which I like).

This whole deciding what to do is very
very stressful though.  What if we make the
'wrong decision'?  What if everyones 
'best guess' goes south?  We like where
we're at right now.  

--------------------------------------

We will update with information when we have 
something to share.

PET scans follow chemo next week as well.

An 'inside look' as to what's going on.

Always a bit nerve racking.  
We like living with stress.

Heck, when this is over I plan on inventing
a new body scent line called "Stress".

OR I could call it "Distress".

I think I often find myself in that state 
right now.

A state of distress.  Or stress.
Take your pick.  It's all the same anyway.

Something you can rub on, bathe in, use for
Shampoo and Conditioner and spray on for perfume.

That's pretty much the "scent" we've been
living in/on/surrounded by for the past 6 months.

There has to be a market for it right?

(Or maybe the BETTER thing would be to invent
a Stress Relieving scent....possibly that
would be a bigger seller?)
--------------------------------------------

School starts for me next week as well.

So far, so good.

We've added a job to the cancer mix and 
school is coming.

I still haven't had a nervous breakdown
with all of this...

....so far.

I'm making no promises though.

If you see me laying somewhere in a puddle, incoherent 
and drooling, kindly scrape me up off of the 
sidewalk and pat my hand gently and just
keep saying, "It will be Ok Dor, it will be
Ok!'

I may not hear you.  
And I probably won't believe you.
But it may help to know someone cares, right?

----------------------------

Until we meet again...

This is what I've got for today Peeps!




No comments:

Post a Comment