Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stress Release & A Concert


Last night after I had a mini nervous breakdown,
Kyle and Grace and I headed out to Saltair to see the
Lumineers in concert.

We saw Mumford & Sons here last year and it was a GREAT
show!  So The Lumineers seemed promising as well.
 A gorgeous sunset ushered in the evening.
 Salt Air in the backround.  It used to be a beautiful hip
place back in something like the 1920's.  Now it's a pitiful
reproduction of a bygone era.  But the back lawn is nice
for concerts.
 Grace made us change our outfits, so that she would go
out in public with us.  She said "earth tones" was what
was called for.  Apparently my usual wardrobe of black
and white wasn't cutting it for a concert and Kyle looked
like a middle aged working business man.  Go figure!

After we changed, I said the following:

Grace: looked like she was going to a concert 
(in earth tones of course).  Hip, young and cool.

Kyle: looked like he was headed out either to
camp OR fish.  Or both.  I may prefer business casual.

Me:  I looked like an old pregnant lady.  There's a
reason I wear black people.

What can you do?  At least she wasn't embarrassed 
to be seen with  us.  Although *I* was a little
embarrassed to be seen with Kyle and I. (ha ha)
 Grace and her daddy.  If EVER there was a "daddy's girl"
this is the it.  She is the one.  She is always snugging
with her dad, laying on his shoulder, holding his hand
and just plain being close.  She is a very affectionate
child and the power of touch is how she communicates.  
It's very sweet to watch.
 The fisherman/camper and the pregnant lady.  We're so hot.
#hot_old_people   <<<<< That, by the way, is a sarcastic joke.
                        I mean, just in case you were wondering!
 Salt Air, waiting for the Lumineers.

All in all the concert was sort of a bust.  Sadly.

Other than time with Kyle and Grace, a beautiful sunset
to look at and Chinese food.  The wind was blowing and there
was lightening in the back round (WAY WAY back round).

So after the warm up band of the warm up band, they 
tried to move the show from the stage to the balcony
of Salt Air, which if you know Salt Air....that doesn't work.
It was a JOKE!  The Lumineers came on, sang 5 songs (they
don't have to do a refund at this point) FROM the balcony
and called the show.

We spent 1/2 hour with music and 3 hours driving back
and forth and waiting in the parking lot to drive home.

It was kind of a BIG BUMMER, but what can you do?
(If you go read The Lumineers Facebook page, we are not
the only disappointed fans from what I'm reading.) :(

-------------------------------------

In other news, a sweet neighbor dropped by some 
STRESS RELIEF body lotion and bath gel.

I'm wondering if I drink it if that would make
it work faster?

Can't hurt can it?

(Probably it can--so I won't.  I'm rubbing it all over
my whole body today!)

PET scan this morning.  We forgot to schedule a 
"results" Dr visit...seriously how lame are we?  So
I'm not sure WHEN we get the news.  Our next Dr visit
is in 2 1/2 weeks and you better believe I'm NOT
waiting THAT LONG for results.

----------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment