Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thankful


I'm trying really hard to focus on Gratitude this 
month, because IN SPITE of everything, oh darn
you everything, we STILL have so much to be grateful
for.

Here's the short list:

Friends
Family
People who visit us at chemo
People who bring us lunch at chemo
Kids who make good grades
Kids who "step up to the plate"
Good music
The fact that Kyle is STILL HERE
And doing well
And responding well
And alive
And cleaning bathrooms
Fall leaves
Wonderful nurses at the Huntsman Cancer Institute
Doctors
New online friends who form support groups for
the wives of CC patients
Love
Hope
Faith in goodness
Faith in hope
The fact I have a job
That I've learned some sign language and
to love autistic kids over the past few months.
Seeing goodness in spite of pain
Laughing
Telling jokes
Having a dog that sits on my kitchen counter
for head rubs (Don't even ask!)
Food
Shelter
Clothing
Heat
Running Water
Toilets and Showers
A warm bed at night
Friends that support us in unexpected ways
A husband who still loves me after 23 years
Children that forgive me when I'm sad
The 4 kids that we've been blessed with
Emails from strangers
Instagram
Facebook
A good book
Conan, who makes us laugh
The fact that I'm in school again and smart enough
to have done well, so far.
Sunny fall days
Falling leaves 
Mountains
Sunsets
A Goldendoodle named Ruby (who would say she
should be at THE TOP of this list--don't ask--our
dog 'talks'.  Don't ALL dogs 'talk'?)
Texts
Emails
Love
Family
Kyle
Josh 
Grace 
Eliza
Oliva
Sisters
Brothers
Parents
Hot chocolate
The little things
Things that matter
Fabulous Vietnamese sandwiches from Oh Mai 
(go there-you will NOT regret it!  Order the Rib Eye #8)
Grandparents


I read a note from someone this week who decided
that so many things in are our lives are so unimportant, and
when it all boiled down to the things that mattered,
the THING that mattered most, it boiled down to LOVE.

Plain and simple.

Love for each other, our fellow human travelers 
along this journey of life.

Looking out for each other, taking care of each other,
reaching out for those in pain, comforting those
in need of comfort.

Love.

That's the one thing, the only thing, in ALL the
things piled upon things piled upon things, that
really matters.

It's all about love.

Love one another.

All you need is love.

And we're thankful that we are loved.

Thankful.





2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a picture of the dog sitting on the counter. That's funny. Granted my cats are on the counters all the time and I've given up fighting it but I don't think I've ever seen a dog up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. battynurse ...your wish is my command--ck back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete