Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tap Tap Tap ...is this thing on

Hello out there in the internet world.

I promise I won't use any bad words, talk about 
depressing things, or tell terrible jokes in this post.

I have been contacted by a few people who have lost
people to this terrible cancer. People who have
messaged me, emailed me, or contacted me via Facebook.

To any and all of you, I am so grateful you felt
you could reach out and share your stories.

I have loved hearing about the people that you
hold dear in your hearts.  I love to hear about
the joy and the sorrow that you have been through.

Everything you have felt is real, and valid.
And no matter what anyone says, you ARE allowed
to feel whatever it is that washes over you.

For the new year, I wanted to start a new project.

I am working full time and head back to school
next week, so my blog will probably suffer as a
result.  (Some of you are probably breathing a 
huge sigh of relief...Some days I know I am.)

This year I wanted to highlight a few people.
People who WANT to share their stories.

Stories that put a real face to Cholangiocarcinoma.

Stories that make this real.

If ANYONE would like to "do" a guest post
with advice, thoughts, a highlight of THEIR loved
one, information on CC that you want to get out
there, whatever YOU think is relevant (subject
to approval from the head of this blog: me)...

Please feel free to contact me via Facebook messages
(Dorien Nielson) OR email me at dorienn@excite.com
and tell me what you want to share. (If anything).

I feel like in the world of cancers, where this
one gets overlooked so often, I would love to give
it a (little tiny) voice on my (little tiny) blog.

I would be happy to write if you want to send
me an outline.  

I would be happy to tell YOUR story.

I would love to share your message(s).

What did you do right?
Or wrong?  Do you have any regrets? What lessons
did you learn along the way?  Happiest joys?
Greatest sorrows?

I am looking for the 'human' element.

I am looking for overlooked facts.

(The only thing I WON'T take is "miracle cures".

No, seriously, I will NOT post miracle cures!)

I would love to make it real.

Let me know if there are any takers.

And that's what I've got for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment