Sunday, December 7, 2014

Some words from Kyle, for those of you not on Facebook....

My wife is so much more eloquent in sharing my feelings. 
That said, I feel like sometimes you all should just hear from the cancer 
guy's mouth. This whole journey is one long story of so much love and
service and kindness, but sadly when things like weeks and months come into the
prognosis, it hits us all a little harder. The kindness, the service, the thousands 
of sweet notes sent my way have truly filled my heart with love. It gives me 
peace and strength to keep fighting forward. People ask if I am scared of death, 
and I am not in any way, as far as death, no fear or anxiety. Lots of sadness 
and worry about family and the people that are left in the wake of my death.
I don't like being the guy that causes pain. I believe much of that lack of fear 
and anxiety is from each of you out there has done all your can to lift me and 
love me and my family. I really can't explain how much strength and peace it 
gives me. My one pleading wish is that, that same love and kindness for me 
carries on with my wife and family, their burden is far more than dying of cancer 
and they will need you all far more than me. I love you all, thankful for the 
many awesome people in my life. I hope to have months and time to see 
as many of you as possible. Dorien has shared and I concur that visits are
lovely, but they are truly emotionally taxing so I may not be good for a 
long visit. 

Please forgive me when I tell you I just gotta rest.
I love you all.
Kyle
A Photo from better days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment