Monday, December 1, 2014

Tears

There is no way to make this news any better.

We spent the day at the Huntsman ER and in one week
Kyle's numbers have gone from "okay" to "terrible."

But this is what I've been saying all along with this
cancer----on the turn of a dime it can be bad, done, over.

His liver isn't working and so his kidneys aren't working.

In short, his kidneys are failing.

No.  There isn't anything they can do but try and keep
him comfortable.

The doctor today said "a few weeks to a month or so...."

So it's pretty much day to day now.

Does it seriously have to be during the Holidays?

It does I guess.

That's the short story.

There are a lot of tears here at our house today....

And it's what I've got for today.

Oh ya, 

That and F Cancer!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Sending many wishes for strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I feel so much love for your family and am sending it through my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle, and family, I’m Shannon (Simper) Lapp’s husband Robby, and have been following your page through Shannon, ever since this horrific disease came into your lives. Today’s post stopped us in our tracks, Shannon was holding back tears (I could tell she had been crying already) and couldn’t read it to me as she usually does when a new post comes on your blog, I knew the news was not good when she instead handed me her iPhone for me to read, my allergies immediately kicked in. You have a lot of prayers from our family, and a lot of love for you Kyle, and your whole family Nielson clan. We felt compelled to write today and let you know how much people do care for you all (many who won't write, not knowing what to say), how much you are in our thoughts and prayers, how much hurt we are feeling for you all and how sorry we are that this has progressed to this stage. We will continue praying for a miracle! It is extremely difficult to type these words, I stopped work an hour ago, Shannon and I struggle, looking for the right words to express our love and support for you all. If we can do anything to help you all, please don’t hesitate to ask, we would like to help.

    Shannon and I will join you and give the bird to cancer and drop the big F off to it with you!

    Robby and Shannon Lapp

    ReplyDelete