Thursday, March 28, 2013

Team Kyle



When the chips are down, you find out who your friends are.

You find out who cares about you and thinks about you.

We have found, that so far in this journey, the count is HIGH
and the people are many.

It feels so humbling.  

So humbling.

You find yourself asking, "Seriously WHAT did I EVER do in this lifetime to deserve a FRACTION of this love?!"

And you find yourself answering, well, yourself (a sure sign of trouble if you are talking to yourself!), "NOTHING!"

Here's the thing, support for us doesn't have to be something BIG.

It is the little things that count right now.

I'm thinking of dinners that have come, and lawns mowed and
houses cleaned and cards and messages and love sent.

(And a million things I haven't named).

We woke up today with our Facebook and Instagram feeds
flooded with the above image.

TEAM KYLE

People who support us and have our back and wanted us to know.

It was overwhelming (in a good way) and made our hearts so happy.

This group of ladies happens to be from an online "Mama Selling
Ebay Group" of ladies that I've known and chatted with for something like 10 (plus) years.  

I've met a few in real life, I have talked to a few more on the
phone over the years.  Some I've never seen, or met face to face.

(The joys of living in the Internet age).

We have "virtually" (via the Internet) watched all of our families grow and change over the years.  

We've had late night chats, seen new babies and watched divorces happen.  We've seen other cancer patients and had a whole array of hardships and joys come and go.

Today they stood together in solidarity for my husband and me
and my family.

A small act of love and kindness that brought tears to our eyes 
and JOY to our hearts.

Again, it's that palpable, tangible feeling in the Universe that we keep encountering when people pull together for a common cause.

We just happen to be "the cause". 

It is beauty and strength in the darkness.

It gives us hope and light to continue forward.

So to all of you, this group of ladies, and EVERYONE else who has touched our hearts so far...

We say THANK YOU!

Our gratitude can never be measured and our "thanks" will NEVER (ever ever) be enough.

Ever, even if we live to be a million years old.

But THANK YOU from the bottom of our very tender hearts.

Gratitude....

This is what I've got for today~



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the caregiver to my mother, who has lived with stage 4 gallbladder cancer for the past 4 months, I couldn't have said this better myself. It is the single most humbling experience of my middle aged life. When the diagnosis first came, along with the meals from friends and neighbors, I could do nothing but stand there and cry as I accepted the help--it was that humbling and touching. I came across your blog searching for information on terminal illness and talking to oneself. I can hear my mom in the next room having a conversation with someone who isn't there. I think your blog and your approach to dealing with cancer is just plain wonderful. All the best to you, your husband, and family as you continue to make more memories and enjoy one another.

    ReplyDelete