Monday, March 18, 2013

What color should I wear to chemo?

Listen, it can't all be doom and gloom right?  And since we live in a fashion conscience household of 4 girls (I'm a girl right?) and one female dog, who often has her toenails painted or her tail fur colored (don't even ask)--we need to stay up on all the latest fashion colors to wear to chemotherapy. 

Poor Kyle and Josh, they live in a tough household to be men.

Last week Kyle wore green to chemo. 

As in a green shirt.

Who knew it mattered what color you wore?  Right?

We certainly did not!

It was a beginners mistake and we will NOT make it again.

As the long day grew longer, and the sun started casting evening shadows into our windows at the Huntsman, I glanced at my husband and gasped.

"Kyle," I said "You can NEVER wear green again to chemo!"

Now normally green is a good color for him.  He has pretty green eyes.

But apparently with chemo treatments his skin picks up the shade of whatever color he happens to be wearing.  As he paled, he turned the color of his shirt.

Green.  It is not a healthy color to be.

It is especially hard to see when he has a normally ruddy complexion.

So this Thursday we plan on picking a better shade to wear (and to turn) as we start Round Two.

Any suggestions?

He did get one black T Shirt that affectionately says "F Cancer" on it.  How do you think he would look in black?

4 comments:

  1. Dor, ths is a great thing you are doing and I hope it will be cathartic for you as well as helpful for us.
    You are most certainly not alone in this fight. I remember when I had a lot of people praying for me I could ABSOLUTELY feel the prayers and love in a tangible way. It was enveloping, miraculous and beautiful.
    Mason wanted me to say to you, "Please tell Kyler and family that my prayers and fasting are with them. I love Kyle and he really helped me grow up. Tell him I love him ok?"
    We all love your family.
    Ger

    ReplyDelete
  2. What to wear? Well, RED of course, I think you will understand. Hang in there and we are all behind you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorien thank you so much for doing this blog. It helps those of us on the outside so much. I hope it helps you as well. Your previous post was just beautiful. And your whit and humor always makes me laugh. I've missed your blogging so much.

    We fasted yesterday for Kyle and we're thinking of your family constantly.

    And yes, I think black with a large F on it would make a person feel better, and look good too:) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. F U in BLACK seems quite appropriate ...and black is stylin at all the hip chemo treatments centers on 1st Fridays. I love you Dorien and Kyle.

    ReplyDelete