Friday, August 30, 2013

Better Out Than In

I always say.

Especially when it comes to emotions.

Sometimes when they all come spewing out,
I call it emotional vomit.

That's what it feels like.

Vomit.  Foul, awful, disgusting.

But necessary to the better end of healing.

Purge.  

Regroup.

The beauty of my openness and blogging
is that it allows us to connect with other
people going through this fight in their lives.

The tragedy of my openness and blogging
is that it allows us to connect with other
people going through this fight in their lives.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Honestly.

I treasure the people who have reached out to us.
I treasure the fact that they reach.
I treasure the fact that they share.
I treasure the fact that they reassure us
we are not alone.

But I hate it that bad news comes with the good.


Today I received a message from one of my
'new friends'.

She told me that heaven had gained one more angel.

And I think, "Damn it!  How many angels does heaven 
need?"  This angel was younger than Kyle with a
passel of small children.

My heart split wide open and I immediately 
broke down in tears.

The big ugly nasty kind of tears.

The raising my fists to heaven kind of cry.

I'm not very good at taking this kind of stuff
lying down.  I feel better if I rage for a moment or two.

Vomit.

Purge.

Regroup.

Story of my life.

This kind of thing is WORTH the rage.

The why oh why oh why kind of cry.

Texas, I cry with you today.

I honor the fight of a woman I never met.

I honor her family and small children.

My heart has one more notch in it from the pain 
and heart ache that come with my sadness for
this person I do not know, and never met.

Simply via stories exchanged over the airways.

Today I have a minute of quiet to reflect on 
the things that life gives us.

The shocking jolts that blindside us unexpectedly
on our path through time.

I tip my figurative hat to all those fighting
the good fight.

I touch my fingertips with my lips and blow
a kiss, lightly, south toward Texas.

Love is coming to you from Utah.

And that's what I've got for today.

Off to find a Kleenex. 







No comments:

Post a Comment